We continue to monitor the evolving global public health situation around COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and the safety of our Patients, Practitioners and Staff is our highest priority.
Broadway AT Yew would like you to STOP and read this before entering for your treatment!
* We kindly ask you to wear a face mask for your appointment.
* Wait outside until your treatment time, follow social distancing protocol and directional signs through the Clinic.
* Please wash your hands BEFORE entering your treatment and AFTER your treatment.
* Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth and cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, or your elbow.
* Answer these questions and If any of these are “yes”, then, unfortunately, we will not be able to see you at this time!
1. Have you travelled out of province in the last 2 weeks?
2. Do you have any COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough, difficulty with breathing, flu-like symptoms)?
3. Have you been in contact with anyone with COVID-19?
* Also, if you develop any symptom of COVID-19 by the time of your appointment, contact us immediately as your appointment would have to be cancelled.
* Please come into the clinic alone where possible. This is important to promote social distancing in the treatment room and the clinic space.
Please call us immediately if any change of date and time is necessary.
Thank you for your attention to this, we need to all work together!
Please read if you would like to know about our measures for reducing the risk of exposure to the virus that causes Covid-19:
Physical Distancing Measures for Non-Treatment Interactions
Only patients with treatments are allowed into clinic during their treatment time
Patients enter clinic one at a time.
All patients waiting outside and coming inside for treatment are asked to stay on social distancing markers that are 6 feet apart.
Staff are working 6 feet apart
Staff and patients are interacting 6 feet apart
Pre-screening Processes for Patients and RMTs
Patients are being pre-screened for symptoms of Covid-19 at the time when they book an appointment, when they receive appointment reminder emails, and upon arrival to the clinic.
RMTs self-assess for Covid-19 symptoms daily.
Hand Hygiene and Avoidance of Face Touching
Patients wash hands on arrival into and departure from the clinic. Hand-washing protocols are posted visibly in reception area and at sinks.
Hand sanitizer (at least 60% alcohol) is available in each treatment room.
RMTs wash their hands often, before and after treatment.
Face touching is avoided by patients and RMTs. Tissues are available for patient’s use in reception, treatment rooms, washroom.
All Practitioners are disinfecting their tables, chairs, high touch surfaces and door handles after each patient treatment
Staff are disinfecting clinic door handles and POS machine after each use
Staff are disinfecting washroom, faucets and all high surfaces 2 times in the morning and 2 times in the afternoon
Garbage is being discarded 2 times daily
Separated washing facility for Practitioners
Kitchen and all communal areas are closed)
Use of PPE by Chiropractors & RMTs and Patients
Patients use disposable or cloth masks for their appointment.
RMTs use disposable or cloth masks, changed between treatments.
RMTs have gloves and protective goggles available if patients request their use.